Sunday, March 13, 2011

If you don't like me enough to say it, then don't look it.

I know I’ve had no boyfriend since birth. And I know it’s only been more than a month since you broke up with your girlfriend. But, hell, this is getting really depressing for me.
When you were with her, I resisted the urge to say bad things about her. I resisted the urge to convince you that she wasn’t meant for you. I just waited. Because somehow I knew you two will fall apart one of these days. And so you did.
Little did I know that you breaking up with her is both the best and worst thing that could happen to me. Obviously, it’s the best because I can finally flirt with you guilt-free. It’s the worst because anybody can flirt with you guilt-free.
Let me just say it. I know you like me. But do you like me enough? Because I think that a guy who’s had three serious relationships would not have a hard time telling a girl that he likes her. He would not say or do sweet things, but make it look like it’s just because he’s friends with the girl. So, I don’t think you like me enough.
You don’t know how much I’m dreading the day you would tell me that you have a new girl in your life. It would really kill me.
So, since I think that you don’t like me enough, I want to be detached. I know that everyone is rooting for us to finally be an item. It was nice at first, but it’s now limiting me. If you don’t want me, then I want to be free from you. I want to know if this is getting somewhere so that if it’s not, I can go back to just treating you as a friend.
I am not brave enough to ask you. I’ve done it to someone once, and it was terrible. I am also not brave enough to lose our friendship. You’re the only guy I’ve ever connected with. I really don’t want to lose that.
But please, if you don’t like me enough to say it, then don’t look it.

No comments: